Having cooler temperatures today on the playground was wonderful.
Outdoor play fosters positive opportunities for growth and development
- Cognitively: preschoolers are exposed to new words and ideas such as cold, hot, and warm; trees, leaves, flowers, and dirt; snow and ice; clouds, wind, and rain.
- Socially: preschoolers often use their imaginations and role play more actively when playing outdoors.
- Emotionally: preschoolers build self-confidence as they explore and interact with nature.
- Physically: preschoolers get much needed exercise and they get to release some of that pent up energy.
Read more: http://www.teachpreschool.org/2009/10/preschoolers-should-go-outside-everyday/#ixzz2edKdQMrN
|Follow the leader|
|Look at me|
|Way to go Dominic, nice shot|
|We read Pete the Cat: I Love my White Shoes. The students really love it and enjoyed watching the video today too. See the video below.|
We had chapel today with Pastor Reitz!
|Pastor Reitz's loves this book!|
|Listening to Pastor|
|Brody got to take the offering up for our class today|
|Enjoying books. Grace used her memory of the song to 'read' Pete the Cat|
Journal writing with young children
It teaches children that their thoughts, feelings, and words can be transferred from their minds onto paper for others to see and read.
- Children learn to value writing, and to respect the writing of others.
- Journal writing gives children REAL and RELEVANT opportunities to learn the conventions of print such as: a)print goes from left to right; b) there is a difference between pictures and text; c) print goes from the top to the bottom of a page; d) letters make up words, and other rules of the written language.
- Young children need to experiment with letters, letter sounds, and inventive spelling in a non-threatening way.
- Writing gives children time to practice the fine motor control that will help them become better writers.
We finished our partner painting today. Mrs. Schilling partnered the boys and the girls together. Painting with different partners helps us to learn our classmates and work together.
Photographer Dominic's pictures
|(He was very excited about his picture of his shoes)|